Pierre Thomas Léger
Pierre Thomas Léger is a Health Economist who studies healthcare markets with special emphasis on the impact of financial incentives on provider behavior, costs and patient outcomes. Pierre is an Associate Professor in the Division of Health Policy and Administration of the School of Public Health at the University of Illinois Chicago, where he also serves as the MS-CTS and PhD program director. Prior to joining UIC, Pierre was an Associate Professor at HEC Montreal (the University of Montreal’s affiliated business school). Pierre has held held visiting positions at the Paris School of Economics, Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania and the University of los Andes, Santiago Chile.
Pierre holds an MA and PhD in Economics from the University of Western Ontario, and a B.Soc.Sc. in Economics and Political Science from the University of Ottawa.
Areas of Expertise
- Data Analytics
- Policy Analysis
- Ph.D., Economics, University of Western Ontario
- MA, Economics, University of Western Ontario
- B.Soc.Sc., Economics and Political Science, University of Ottawa
- Faculty Associate – Canadian Centre for Health Economics, Toronto, Canada)
- Associate Fellow – Center for Interuniversity Research and Analysis of Organizations (CIRANO), Montreal, Canada